One of the most valuable gifts you can give your children is teaching them to swim. Swimming is not only fun and a great form of exercise, but it also offers your kids a critical survival skill. And a good children’s swimming lesson should incorporate all three elements: it should teach them how to be safe in the water, let them get some exercise, and have some fun. If you’re in the process of searching “kids swim lessons near me,” here are a few things you should consider when deciding on a class.In order to advance to the next skill level, your kids should have to demonstrate that they’ve learned specific swimming skills. How do instructors evaluate the children?
The basic questionsWe recommend you begin your search by asking yourself, “Do the places offering kids’ swim lessons near me meet these requirements?”
- Instructors who are trained for your child’s age and skill level
- Instructors who get into the water to teach, rather than giving lessons from the deck of the pool
- Instructors who have formal training and are certified in CPR and first aid
- A setup that allows parents to watch the lessons
- A program that begins by teaching water survival skills before lessons on swimming strokes
- Personalized lessons so that your kids can focus and get more one-on-one swim time than they would in group classes